Friday, August 19, 2016

Morgan D’Arcy: A Vampyre Rhapsody by Linda Nightingale

Morgan, as a character, came to me fully rounded and ready to speak, and speak, and speak. When I have writer’s block, I talk with Morgan and write something from his point of view. Dear me, that makes me sound as if I have MPD. This collection of novellas is a journey through time with him—vignettes of his many travels and many loves. I had a hard time juggling time periods because he is dedicated to one woman. He has everything except the woman he wants most and can’t have…Isabeau.

The cover artist captured the essence of this collection perfectly from the yummy handsome man to the grand piano. Morgan is an English lord, a vampire…and in this incarnation a renowned pianist. He studied with Mozart himself! In a review, Author Toni V. Sweeney called him “a tour de force of egotism, wit, sensuality, and talent.”
A few fun things about writing Morgan. He loves wine and classical music—I mean I like wine and classical music whilst writing Morgan stories.

He loves cars like antique Jaguar E-types and Aston Martins, and the Morgan with its gorgeous belted hood was named for him. He keeps a stable of them at his country estate in Devon, Royal Oak.

He fought in the English Civil War on the Royalist side with Charles II and fled with his King to Europe and became another unwelcome guest at the continental courts.

He was an RAF pilot during WWII, flying night missions over Nazi territories.

He keeps a stable of fine horses and was taught classical horsemanship by the Duke of Newcastle and later with the Frenchman de la Gueriniere. Morgan’s mother was from French.

My first Morgan manuscript grew to a whopping 1,000 pages because I followed him even to the bathroom.

I fell in love with him and looked for him ever since, but I’m getting a bit old to seek such a young long-haired gentleman.

As you can see, I’m a dyed-in-the-wool romantic and love to write about love and revenge in the past, the present, and the future. Immortals work well in my stories.

Available on pre-order at Amazon and online retailers.

No comments: