Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Character Interview with Beth Kennedy by Chrys Fey

Chrys: For this interview I will silence the pounding rains and still the gale force wind to talk to Beth Kennedy, the heroine of Hurricane Crimes.

Hurricane Sabrina is a category 5 beast, so, first, I want to see how you’re fairing, Beth.

Beth: I guess you could say I’m fairing. Considering. It is nasty outside! I don’t think my house is going to last much longer. Pine trees are falling down, and mailboxes and stop signs are being ripped out of the ground. I wish I could see outside but all of my windows are tightly boarded. For all I know, my house is the last one standing on the block!

Chrys: What did you do to prepare for the hurricane?

Beth: I boarded up all the windows, a precaution I wish I had been more liberal about, but I can’t change that now. I also stocked up on water, snacks and first-aid kit supplies, which came in handy because both of us have needed patching up.

Chrys: Um . . . both?

Beth: Oh yeah! I’m not alone anymore. I risked life and limb, literally, to save a man who may yet kill me.

Chrys: Why in the world would he kill you?

Beth: Because he probably is a murderer! And we’re trapped together. Nothing good ever comes out of being stuck with a stranger in conditions like this.

Chrys: Can you tell us about him? Whoever he is?

Beth: His name is Donovan Goldwyn. I don’t know much about him right now, but I suppose I can give you a description. He has chocolate-brown hair and violet eyes. The combination is powerful. Then when you add his great body into the mix, you have a triple threat. He’s mysterious, hot and athletic, which makes him lethal. A killer can easily disguise his dark side with good looks.

Chrys: Where is Donovan?

Beth: In the kitchen getting ice for my shoulder, so keep your voice down! He doesn’t know I’m talking to you.

Chrys: *whispers* Despite your claim that he’s dangerous, and a danger to you, it sounds like you find him attractive.

Beth: If I didn’t find him attractive, I’d question my sanity. Actually . . . since I think he’s a killer and I find him attractive maybe I should be questioning my sanity.

Chrys: Well, I guess it’s time for a change of subject. If tonight were a normal Friday night, what would you be doing?

Beth: I’d be having a cocktail with a few of my friends from my self-defense classes. They are an amazing bunch. Then I’d come home, take a bubble bath, and relax in bed while penning a poem or two about my day.

Chrys: Sounds great. And if you were on a date with a certain someone with violet eyes, what would it be like?

Beth: *squints suspiciously* I don’t like what you’re hinting at, but I’ll play along. My ideal date would be a fun beach day. Sun, salty waves and scantily-clad bodies—What more could you want when you live in Florida?

Chrys: Because I hear Donovan returning I’ll ask one last question. Do you have any regrets?

Beth: Right now, I have a ton of them! I regret not finding some way to leave Florida. I regret rescuing Donovan even though I would’ve regretted it if I didn’t. And I regret the kiss.

Chrys: Kiss. What kiss?!

Beth: Oh, no! You said the regret question would be the last one.

Chrys: And that is my current regret. Thank you for your time, Beth, and I wish you the best of luck with Hurricane Sabrina . . . and Donovan.

Beth: Thanks, I’ll need it!


Chrys Fey's eBook, Hurricane Crimes, was published by The Wild Rose Press. They will also be publishing her novella, 30 Seconds, on September 10th. Her flash fiction has appeared in Suspense Magazine, Freedom Fiction Journal, and Inner Sins magazine. Her blog, Write with Fey, is dedicated to helping and inspiring writers.

Blog: http://www.writewithfey.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com.chrysfey

No comments: