Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Playboy’s Challenge.. A trip into the past could profoundly alter the future

Playboy’s Challenge

Published: 08/07/2013 by: Jo Barrett

Highlander’s Series

Adam Sutherland thought he knew his parents.  They were like any other couple who were head-over-heels in love with each other.  It was sickening to witness, to be honest, but he never dreamed that their devotion to one another began in the sixteenth-century in the Highlands of Scotland.  And more importantly, he never thought he'd see for himself just how a trip into the past could profoundly alter his future.


Time Travel
Pages 154
Word count 38776
Rated Sensual
ISBN 978-1-61217-720-5 Digital

Excerpt:

“Who are you?” Her voice was nothing more than a wispy rasp. A rasp he would love to hear under very different circumstances.

“I thought you knew. You looked like you recognized me before.”

She shook her head. “No. You canna be…Adam?”

He gave her his most charming smile as he moved closer. “Have we met before? Because I’m certain I’d remember a beauty like you.”

She blinked a moment then looked over her shoulder at the brook then back at him. “You are Adam Sutherland, are you no’?”

“You have my name, now may I have yours? ’Cause once I figure a few things out, I’d like to give you a call.”

“A call,” she said, her face blank.

“I thought we could go out to dinner, or catch a show.” He glanced down at his rumpled tux. “I clean up pretty good, trust me,” he said with a wink.

She almost smiled again, an enticing crooked grin, but it quickly vanished. “You doona recognize me then?”

“As I said, honey, you’d be hard to forget.”

He slid his arm around her waist and eased her into his embrace. His lips brushed against her temple as he took in her scent.


“Make that impossible,” he whispered, savoring her heady fragrance.

No comments: