Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Marrying Mr Right - Just Released


Book Three
Missy Modesto had it all: a successful business, two fabulous kids, and a twenty-seven-year marriage to her high school sweetheart. But when too many arguments left them unable to compromise, she and Vinnie separated. Now, nine months later, their daughter is getting married and wants Missy to plan the wedding.
Vinnie Modesto is trying to put his life back together. He keeps in touch with his kids and is building his business to its full potential--something he should have done before the only woman he ever loved ended their marriage.
Missy dreads seeing Vinnie again, but when he arrives, eager to help with the wedding and offering solutions to every problem, Missy isn't sure what to think. Can she believe in the new man he's become during their separation? Or is this just another in a long line of Vinnie's empty promises?

Page Count: 72
Word Count: 17368
978-1-61217-702-1 Digital

Excerpt:
"I need the parking permit you obtained from the town."
She froze. Oh, no. Vinnie said he'd take care of that. Missy pulled her cell from her back pocket. Raising her finger to Antoine, she walked across the living room. "One minute, please."
"Vinnie Modesto."
Not bothering with amenities, she demanded, "What did you do with the parking permit?"
"Oh yeah, about that. There was a small problem."
Rage erupted. "What problem? How long have you known about this small problem? And why didn't you tell me before now?" The electric drill from the living room made her head bang.
Jerk. Same old Vinnie. Making promises he couldn't keep. Well, she's had his crap up to her eyeballs, which, by the way, felt like they were ready to pop out of her already pounding head.
"The papers I submitted got misplaced," he murmured in that superior male patronizing tone, which only pissed her off even more.
"When I called to check on the progress, the clerk claimed she didn't know anything about it so I refiled the request. Relax. They told me to come down today and assured me it would be ready."
"Antoine needs it now, Vincent."
His voice rose to dangerous levels. "Tell Antoine I'll get it to him!"
Just like old times Vinnie screaming; her yelling back. "Don't you dare yell at me! I never could depend on you! Why I gave you something as important as this is beyond me!" 

No comments: